Just like elite professional & collegiate teams and athletes, you can now determine your unique sweat profile (sweat rate & electrolyte loss), and end the electrolyte replenishment guessing game. Our LEVELEN Electrolyte Replenishment System (ERS™) is the only integrated solution of sweat testing and electrolyte replenishment products customized to your needs.
The video below details how to perform a self-administered sweat test. Once we receive your test sample and analyze it, you will receive a detailed Sweat Profile Report and Dashboard. This includes an hourly hydration strategy and specific recommendations of LEVELEN™ products that are customized for your specific electrolyte replenishment needs.
** PLEASE DISREGARD THE 12-HOUR WINDOW MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO. AS LONG AS THE SAMPLE IS SEALED SHUT IN THE VIAL, THE SWEAT SAMPLE SHOULD BE GOOD FOR ANALYSIS, AS WE ONLY TEST FOR ELECTROLYTE CONCENTRATION. **
Important: During this test, consume fluids as you normally do for a workout of typical intensity and duration (If you maintain or gain weight during your test, you are overhydrating, and will need to redo the test within reduced fluid intake). You need to record the precise amount of fluid consumed during the full duration of your workout (between your pre- and post-workout weighings). For the most representative results, you should perform the sweat test while training in the activity, intensity, and environmental conditions representative of the competition you are training for (e.g. Marathon training by running on a hot day).
- Clean the outside of your forearm below the elbow (part facing UP when palm is turned DOWN) with alcohol swab and allow to dry. (see figure)
- Apply “sweat patch” to cleaned area outside of your forearm just prior to the workout. Put the “SweatTest” sticker on the patch, and please share your test on social media (Tag LEVELEN4U on Instagram or Facebook).
- Empty bladder and weigh yourself (wearing no/minimal clothing), noting weight on information card. Note workout conditions on information card (temperature and humidity, if possible).REMEMBER: From this point until you record your post-workout weight, you must track how much fluid you consume (in ounces or milliliters). You should be losing weight, so if you’re maintaining or gaining weight, you’re drinking too much, and you’ll need to redo the test.
- Begin your workout.
- It is best to remove the sweat patch when the gauze is fully saturated, usually between 30-45 minutes after your workout begins. Peel open the sweat patch and remove the gauze only with the provided tweezers to avoid touching the sample.
- Place the gauze only into the plastic vial, close lid so it “snaps” securely, and place contents into clear bag and seal. Continue your workout.
- After your workout, wipe off sweat and weigh yourself again (wearing minimal or no clothing). Note weight, test duration and intensity, and fluids consumed, if any, on the information card.
- Mail the completed information card & sweat sample back to us in the provided return mailer. Take a picture of the tracking label, in case your sample gets lost in the mail.
- If you lost the mailer, make sure to send your sample in a padded envelope to protect the vial, and send to:
HEAT Sport Sciences, Inc.
Attn: Dr. Sandra Fowkes-Godek
P.O. Box 327
Pocopson, PA 19366-0327